Happy One Year Roller Derby-versary

    Today is a very special Anniversary for me. It is my One year Derby-versary! One year ago I did something that was completely out of my freaken out of my comfort zone! I joined Roller Derby! I was going through a tough time with my marriage at the time and just wanted to do stuff for myself. I had a bucket list of things to do and try. Things that I have always wanted to try but never got the chance to or the guts to! I put up a post about wanting to try a session with roller derby, got an email from a gal name Jabber ( which at the time I was like, who would name their child Jabber LOL, not knowing that Derby players have nicknames!) Stopped by to check out her League High Tide, the following week stepped on the track with some skates on Feb.13th 2017 and from that moment it was never just a session! I was scared shitless because this was something totally out of my comfort zone!
    This was the first time I tried something where I didn't know anyone or anything about! I haven't put on a pair of roller skates since I was 10 years old or so! No many could or would understand the feeling it gives you unless you try it or was going through something where you just wanted to get away to do something for yourself for once and just FELL  IN LOVE!!!!!
    All I can say is that  Roller Derby is been a big part of my healing process of everything that I have gone through and I am so thankful for it. Not everyone is going to understand and it's okay if they don't. It's not their thing, it's your thing. Happy One Year to ME!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another chapter closes ...Now on to the next...

Just momma and her little homiez