Another chapter to a whole new Journey ....


   Sept. 23rd  2017 is something that I have been waiting for and also in a way have been  dreading about. Today is the day that my divorce is finalized. Today is the day where I am no longer stuck and trapped in a marriage where I felt so alone and confused about. The reason why I said dreading is because it's reality. I don't hurt for me, I hurt for my children. My two boys. Their mommy and daddy are no longer married. No more waking up to seeing us together, no more having family dinners, no more coming home to see both parents at the same house.. I know that this is a process and it will take some time to get use to and time to help the kids and I heal from but I do know that this is the best choice. I am going to show my boys the true meaning of unconditional love. I need to make sure that I am happy so that I can be the best mommy for them. Things are going to change dramatically but I know I will get through it because I am a fighter, I am strong, and I am determine to live a life where I am happy and know that I am worth it.
   I went to NY because I wanted to get a way and I don't think I would be able to handle being in CA knowing that my divorce would be final! It's more of a mental and emotional thing. I have gone to NY once before but it this time it was different. This time it was for me! It was my trip, to do what I want and to breathe. It is such a beautiful city. I never really use to travel because with kids etc it would be so hard. I was a stay at home mom and would take care of the kids all the time while my husband at the time would work. After this trip I told myself that this is what I am going to do more! Live! Travel! Smile! On Saturday, September 23rd, 2017...... I walked across the Brooklyn Bridge for the first time...it was more than a walk. That walk was left me know that I am on the right path to happiness. It was time for me to let go the hurt and anger that I have held on for so long and just walk. Some say that the grass isn't always greener on the other side, and they are right, but with the proper care and love the field will grow and will be blooming with flowers.  

All I know is that I am ready to walk to  that other side and I am going to take care of that field because it's my field and I am going to make sure that the flowers will be blooming! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another chapter closes ...Now on to the next...

Happy One Year Roller Derby-versary

Just momma and her little homiez