I never thought I would be so happy seeing this!


  I have been a single mom for about year now and I am not going to lie, it is fucken hard. There are times where I am talking to myself and doubting everything, but there are also times where I am telling myself that I got this and I know I will and can do this!  I have bee living at my new apartment now for almost 3 months and it has been great for my kids but it has been a little of a struggle for me. That's okay though right? That's what single parents have to go through right? I don't know, I am always asking myself that. I have been a stay at home mom for 7 years and my boys are now 8. I am not doing photography full time, teach fitness class in the mornings part time, and still trying my best to promote Arbonne because I love their stuff. Why do I do all of this when I should be getting a REAL JOB( that's what my ex would say) Well, because this allows me to be there for my kids still. I am still able to pick them up when they are sick. I am able to stay home with them when they don't have school, I am able to attend school parties and events to see them smile and make them feel confident because mommy is there. That is why I don't have a 9-5 job. MY job is to make sure I am good and that I am still a mother to my kids. Money has been super tight and I am busting my ass to make rent and pay my bills. People would tell me why didn't I fight for more money from the divorce.  I responded back, Fight for what? What will that do? It will only make us go back and forth to court and all I could think about at that moment was how I was going to make it okay for my kids.. Today I received a letter in the email from  Southern California Edison. Never in a million years I thought I would be soooo happy and relieved to received a letter from them. It may not be a big deal to others but for me it is. It's a big help! I got approved for care and a discount on my electricity bill! At first I was kind of embarrass to be writing about this but then again I am not because this is LIFE. Single mom, single parent, and real LIFE. I know a lot can relate to this. I am so thankful for this because anything helps.  
   I am going to go to bed with a grateful heart because this letter made my night. Cheers to all the single moms out there. I am learning and this is a new journey for me! I am also learning to not to be ashamed of my struggles and mistakes. I learn to work hard and be proud of myself on how far I have come. 

   xox, 
Dolly . 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another chapter closes ...Now on to the next...

Happy One Year Roller Derby-versary

Just momma and her little homiez